Assistant General Manager
- General Administrative
- 86th Street and 7th AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11228
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
- Relocation avaliable:
Assists General Manager in achieving American Golf objectives by maintaining membership, generating revenue, managing budget, staff and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service by utilizing “ACE Service Absolutes” when checking members or guest in, utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system, for processing purchases, credit card transactions, answering the telephone, and managing the reservation system in accordance with AGC standards
- Utilize tee sheet demand management and demand generation strategies such as opening on time, implementing a double tee system, paring short groups, booking from the outside in, rebooking players, credit card guarantees, optimum booking, holding back short groups, and a guest replay strategy
- Provide assistance to GM in all facets of daily operation, acting as manager on duty in the absence of the General Manager
- Maintain and expand membership and/or customer base by assisting in the prompt handling member and guest concerns and issues; foster open communication with members and guests by remaining highly visible.
- Generate revenue by providing assistance to General Manager in: managing the reservation system and procedures in accordance with AGC standards and guidelines; reviewing daily utilization levels and tee sheet to verify conformity with standards and identify price integrity and demand opportunity; expand sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand managements, and demand creation strategies
- Assist GM in budget and expense management by: utilizing labor scheduling tools to follow demand patterns; reviewing A/P, A/R and general ledger and making daily, weekly or monthly financial reports as requested; monitor inventory levels for merchandise, food and beverage.
- Assist GM in managing staff by conducting staff meetings; acting as a role model for all employees by demonstrating behavior and work ethic expected of all AGC employees; ensuring standards by implementing all human resource policies and procedures.
- Manage facilities by working closely with Superintendent, F&B Director and all other department heads to ensure compliance with AGC standards
- Protect the integrity of the organization and the safety of members, guests and employees by following safety guidelines, conducting regular safety meetings, monitoring cash handling procedures and thoroughly investigating all security concerns
- Implement and support all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years management experience, preferably in the golf/hospitality/service industry
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ACT!
- Familiarity with managing a timekeeping system, preferably KRONOS
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan