Assistant General Manager
- General Administrative
- 870 Shore RoadBronx, NY 10464
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
Based on Experience
- Relocation avaliable:
American Golf Corporation has an exceptional opportunity for you to join the leader in golf course management. American Golf manages over 90 golf courses nationwide, employs more than 7,000 co-workers, and is the industry leader in growth and operations. We are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager for Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Courses in the Bronx. This position assists the General Manager in achieving American Golf objectives by generating revenue, managing budget, staff and facilities.
We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, solid benefits (including golf privileges and discounts on merchandise), a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader.
Only local applicants will be considered. No third party resumes will be accepted. Please note: Due to the overwhelming response of resumes received, only those candidates who closely match the position requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service when checking members or guest in, utilizing the Point of Sale system, for processing purchases, credit card transactions, answering the telephone, and managing the reservation system
- Utilize tee sheet demand management and demand generation strategies such as opening on time, implementing a double tee system, paring short groups, booking from the outside in, rebooking players, credit card guarantees, optimum booking, holding back short groups, and a guest replay strategy
- Provide assistance to GM in all facets of daily operation, acting as manager on duty in the absence of the General Manager
- Maintain and expand membership and/or customer base by assisting in the prompt handling member and guest concerns and issues; foster open communication with members and guests by remaining highly visible.
- Generate revenue by providing assistance to General Manager in: managing the reservation system and procedures and guidelines; reviewing daily utilization levels and tee sheet to verify conformity with standards and identify price integrity and demand opportunity; expand sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand managements, and demand creation strategies
- Assist GM in budget and expense management by: utilizing labor scheduling tools to follow demand patterns; reviewing A/P, A/R and general ledger and making daily, weekly or monthly financial reports as requested; monitor inventory levels for merchandise, food and beverage.
- Assist GM in managing staff by conducting staff meetings; acting as a role model for all employees by demonstrating behavior and work ethic expected of all AGC employees; ensuring standards by implementing all human resource policies and procedures.
- Manage facilities by working closely with Superintendent, F&B Director and all other department heads to ensure compliance with AGC standards
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years management experience, preferably in the golf/hospitality/service industry
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ACT!
- Familiarity with managing a timekeeping system, preferably KRONOS
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan