Banquet Maitre d'
- Food and Beverage
- 86th Street and 7th AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11228
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
Based on Experience
- Relocation avaliable:
Dyker Beach Golf Course located in beautiful Brooklyn, NY needs an experience Banquet Maitre d'. We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, solid benefits (including golf privileges and discounts on merchandise), a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader.
We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, and a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader. Must have 3-5 years of Maitre d' experience to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute banquet events according to Banquet Event Order and Director of Catering’s specifications by overseeing service staff preparation; confirming that all service staff are in proper uniform, presenting a clean and professional image; creating duty assignments and communicating floor plans; ensuring room preparation including clean and stocked bathrooms throughout the event; communicating with kitchen staff regarding catering contract information, menus and food preparation
- Ensure satisfaction by communicating with the host throughout the event regarding any changes, substitutions or special requests; assisting banquet staff throughout the event as needed; and following up with host at the conclusion of event
- Manage revenue by tracking any additional charges incurred at the event, collecting balances due and a signed copy of the final bill
- Meet administrative requirements by completing a banquet function report at the conclusion of the event to submit to supervisor; generating inquiry sheets and other materials as instructed by the F&B Director/Manager
- Protect the organization, the members and the guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies including confirming legal drinking age and discontinuing service to intoxicated guests.
- Maintain smooth operation of banquet facility by ensuring that all work areas kept clean and safe
- Improve execution of future events by soliciting feedback from banquet staff
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma required (Specialty/Technical Training preferred) and 2-3 years experience in the service industry, preferably in a catering/banquet environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, food service environment required
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, guests, co-workers and management
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer issues or complaints
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcoholic beverages, applicable state card or certificate must be provided if required by state law
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, perform multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently
- Demonstrate an understanding of food, food ingredients, food preparation methods, proper food storage, sanitation requirements and basic bar terminology
- Ability to operate the following: coffee machine, toaster, oven, grill, hot box, soda dispenser, ice maker, blender, dish washer, ice cream dispenser, CO2 tanks, beer taps, and related equipment
- Basic math skills
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Merchandise Discounts