- 500 South East Butler RoadGresham, OR 97080
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
- Relocation avaliable:
American Golf Corporation has an exceptional opportunity for you to join the leader in golf course management. American Golf manages over 90 golf courses nationwide, employs more than 7,000 co-workers, and is the industry leader in growth and operations. We are currently seeking a Controller for Persimmon Country Club in Gresham, O.R. to oversee the day-to-day accounting, payroll, and human resource functions. Manage the accounting staff and reception staff to ensure accounting and finance procedures are being followed and to ensure the highest level of customer service for members and guests
We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, solid benefits (including golf privileges and discounts on merchandise), a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader.
Only local applicants will be considered. No third party resumes will be accepted. Please note: Due to the overwhelming response of resumes received, only those candidates who closely match the position requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist members
- Ensure the accuracy and timliness of financial reports for the facility
- Maintenance of the payroll database for the facility, including new hires, changes, benefits, open enrollments. Process payroll bi-weekly.
- Supervise all accounting and office co-workers and functions.
- Maintain the membership data base for member billing.
- Assist General Manager at any time, order all office supplies, business cards, etc. For the entire facility, maintain all computers and any problems with hardware/software as they arise.
- Assure month end functions are completed timely and accurately, including billing, month end entries, balance sheet schedules, many miscellaneous reports.
- A/R collections through phone calls and letters.
- Assist General Manager with preparation of the entire club budget.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 2-Year College Degree required and 2 years of related experience in finance, accounting / business management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to operate the following equipment is required: computer, calculator, fax, copier, telephones,
- Accounting level math skills.
- Knowledge of ability to operate various financial and billing programs including networks.
- Good leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays