Director of Sales
- 100 Tyron CircleTallahassee, FL 32309
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
- Relocation avaliable:
Maximize sales revenues through membership sales, referrals and assisting in member retention and banquet food, banquet beverage, facility rental, net amounts received for equipment rental, tournament green fees,tournament cart fees, tournament food, tournament beverage and pre-sold merchandise for group. This is accomplished through networking, solicitations, grass roots sales and attaining or exceeding the annual budget revenue goals and booking goals for membership, catering and tournament.
American Golf Corporation has an exceptional opportunity for you to join the leader in golf course management. American Golf manages over 100 golf courses nationwide, employs more than 7,000 co-workers, and is the industry leader in growth and operations. We are currently seeking a Director of Sales for the
We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, solid benefits (including golf privileges and discounts on merchandise), a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader.
Only local applicants will be considered. No third party resumes will be accepted. Please note: Due to the overwhelming response of resumes received, only those candidates who closely match the position requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase membership, catering and tournament revenue by executing and managing outbound sales calls to drive awareness, creating and implementing lead generation strategies; scheduling tours andprospecting events; identifying and pursuing target markets by monitoring club and community demographics;utilizing contact database daily to build and maintain prospects, track leads and accurately report all salesmetrics; networking with members, guests and the community to maximize leads and referrals; maintaining relationships with previous event hosts and members; manage and synergize with fellow salesteam members and maximize customer potential
- Manage administrative requirements and logistics by developing and adhering to Sage contracts/applications/confirmation agreements, work with operations on member programming, members communication and value added member benefits; communicating requirements in advance to appropriate departments or outside vendors and following up to ensure that corporate standards of quality and service are met, maintaining a close working relationship with event host, meeting and greeting tournament organizer at event (if applicable), and following up with event hosts to ensure satisfaction and maximize referrals
- Maintain communication with management by participating in the Weekly Sales Meeting and providing weekly and monthly status reports including PACE, Activity Reports, Task List, Pipeline and others as requested by management through Sage
- Manages Sales staff job results by recruiting, selecting and hiring with General Manager qualified individuals; conducting sales orientation and training; assigning, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with AGC policies and applicable laws
- Execute the club-specific marketing plan approved by Corporate Marketing Department, including hosting two (2) prospecting events per calendar year, one of which must be an open house.
- Promote club to the local community by attending member functions, monthly Chamber of Commerce meetings, trade association meetings and trade shows
- Assist with implementation of the club member retention plan
- Develop and execute the New Member Orientation program, including maintaining the Ambassador program and hosting new member mixers.
- Ensure smooth execution of events by collaborating with appropriate department heads
- Maintain communication with peers by attending weekly department head and sales meetings
- Implement and support all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 4-year college degree preferred and 4 years of related experience in sales preferably in golf/hospitality/service industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of sales management experience preferred
- Strong sales skills required
- Knowledge of golf preferred
- Sales training preferred
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and CRM
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; ability to work with little or no direct supervision
- Excellent customer service orientation and focus on customer satisfaction required
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to build and foster a team environment desired
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan