- General Administrative
- 86th Street and 7th AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11228
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
Based on Experience
- Relocation avaliable:
Dyker Beach Golf Course in Brooklyn, NY is seeking a dynamic General Manager to help achieve American Golf objectives by generating revenue, managing budget, staff and facilities.
Candidates must have an extensive food and beverage background. Local candidates are highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow customer base by promptly handling guest concerns and issues. Ensure open communication and high visibility to guests.
- Generate revenue by managing the reservation system; reviewing daily utilization levels and tee sheet to verify conformity with standards and identify price integrity and demand opportunity; expand sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand management, and demand creation strategies.
- Manage budget and expenses.
- Manage staff by providing training, direction, supervision, evaluation and corrective action when required; fosters open communication by conducting weekly department head and bi-monthly co-worker meetings.
- Manage facilities by working closely with Superintendent, F&B Director and all other department heads.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 4-year College Degree preferred (emphasis in business management or hospitality management preferred, advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years management experience required; golf management and food and beverage experience preferred
- Proven ability managing P&Ls and developing and managing budgets
- Solid understanding of accounting/finance in a business environment
- Proficient in computer software
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
Excellent communication skills, leadership skills, the ability to develop employees and foster a team environment
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan