Head Golf Professional
- Golf Operations
- 1001 Peacock Creek DriveClayton, CA 94517
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
Based on Experience
- Relocation avaliable:
Maintains an excellent golfing experience for members and guests by providing management, marketing and merchandise services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage all aspects of the golf program by organizing, promoting and overseeing lesson programs, junior golf programs, golf leagues, club competitions, group and individual programs; coordinating with Tournament Director or Event Coordinator on all aspects of event preparation; managing the handicap services program; maintaining knowledge of teaching methodologies in the golf industry.
- Manage golf operations staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and carrying out disciplinary action as necessary in accordance with AGC policies and applicable laws; assisting General Manager in the delivery of staff meetings.
- Manage administrative aspects of the golf program by creating and following an annual departmental budget; preparing tournament and league reconciliation for account tracking.
- Market the golf program by creating and developing promotions and special events through advertising, coupons, etc.
- Oversee golf merchandise operations, including purchasing, pricing and display; creating merchandise sales, promotions and discounts; preparing inventory and cost of sales reports.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- 4- year college degree preferred
- Member of the PGA of America
- 1-2 years experience teaching the game of golf
- 3-4 years experience in a management role
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills, ability to work with little or no direct supervision
- Excellent customer service orientation and a focus on customer satisfaction is required
- Basic math skills
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan