Membership Sales Director
- 4155 Erbes RoadThousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Golf Course:
- Salary Range:
- Relocation avaliable:
Maximize membership sales through recruitment, referrals, and assisting in member retention. This is accomplished through sales execution and attaining or exceeding the annual budget revenue goals for membership.
American Golf Corporation has an exceptional opportunity for you to join the world leader in golf course management. American Golf manages over 100 golf courses nationwide, employs more than 7,000 co-workers, and is the industry leader in growth and operations. We are currently seeking a Membership Sales Director for Sunset Hills Country Club in Thousand Oaks, CA.
We are seeking candidates who possess a stable work history, a team player spirit, and an exceptional customer service attitude. In return we offer a competitive salary, solid benefits (including golf privileges and discounts on merchandise), a dynamic and fun environment and an opportunity to grow with the industry leader.
- Only local applicants will be considered
- No third party resumes will be accepted
- Please note: Due to the overwhelming response of resumes received, only those candidates who closely match the position requirements will be contacted.
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Increase membership revenue by following Sales Standards / Expectations, including: executing outbound sales call minimum requirement (5 Cold Call contacts or Follow-Up calls per day, 5 Membership outbound calls per day to your existing members, 1 networking event per month) to drive awareness, creating and implementing lead generation strategies; scheduling tours and prospecting events; identifying and pursuing target markets by monitoring club and community demographics; utilizing contact database daily to build and maintain prospects, track leads and accurately report all sales metrics; networking with members, guests and the community to maximize leads and referrals; maintaining relationships with members; synergize with fellow sales team members and maximize customer potential
Manage administrative requirements and logistics by developing and adhering to Sage (CRM) contracts/applications; work with operations on member programming, member communication and value added member benefits
Maintain communication with management by participating in the Weekly Sales Meeting and providing weekly and monthly status reports including PACE, Activity Reports, Task List, Pipeline and others as requested by management through Sage
Maintain a passing score as outlined in our Shop Talk guidelines.
Execute the club-specific marketing plan approved by Corporate Marketing Department, including hosting two (2) prospecting events per calendar year, one of which must be an open house.
Promote the club to the local community by attending member functions, monthly Chamber of Commerce meetings, trade association meetings and trade shows
Assist with implementation of the club member retention plan
Develop and execute the New Member Orientation program, including maintaining the Ambassador program and hosting new member mixers.
Maintain communication with peers by attending weekly department head and sales meetings
Implement and support all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management
May be responsible for selling other disciplines (e.g., Tournaments)
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
4-year college degree preferred and 2 years of related experience in sales preferably in golf/hospitality/service industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong sales skills required
- Knowledge of golf preferred
- Sales training preferred
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and CRM
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service orientation and focus on customer satisfaction required
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to build and foster a team environment desired
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Meal and Beverage Discounts
- Health Care and Welfare Benefits such as Life Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans
- Golf and Tennis Privileges
- 401(k) Savings Plan