Take it from some of the greatest athletes, inventors, presidents and psychologists the world has ever known – golf is a game worth playing, and for many reasons. Check out these quotes! Use them to improve your game, or simply apply them to everyday life.
1. “I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone’s game: It’s called an eraser.” – Arnold Palmer
2. “Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.” – Tiger Woods
3. “The only sure rule in golf is he who has the fastest cart never has to play the bad lie.” –Mickey Mantle
4. “A Bad Attitude is Worse than a Bad Swing.” – Payne Stewart
5. “I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.” – Gerald R. Ford
6. “Golf is about how well you accept, respond to, and score with your misses much more so than it is a game of your perfect shots.” – Dr. Bob Rotella
7. “Keep your sense of humor. There’s enough stress in the rest of your life not to let bad shots ruin a game you’re supposed to enjoy.” – Amy Alcott
8. “Discipline and concentration are a matter of being interested.” – Tom Kite
9. “Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.” – Bruce Crampton
10. “Forget your opponents; always play against par.” – Sam Snead
11. “Golf is a puzzle without an answer. I’ve played the game for 50 years and I still haven’t the slightest idea of how to play.” – Gary Player
12. “A routine is not a routine if you have to think about it.” – Davis Love Jr.
13. “A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” – Ben Sayers
14. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “The most important shot in golf is the next one.” – Ben Hogan